Erase History - Main Features of Privacy Eraser Pro
Why do you need to erase history tracks? Maybe you don't realize that Windows and other software programs store history about what you have done, what documents you have used, what web sites you have visited, what images and movies you have seen, and various other activities you have performed. All these history are stored in your hard disk.
The Windows built-in functions will not protect you, most of the history can not be erased with them. Therefore, anyone else can see what you have been doing on your computer, which raises several privacy concerns. Furthermore, much of your activity information takes up valuable disk space, and recovering this space can be very beneficial.
Cleaning up the history of your activities can be a tedious chore of manually removing each history file or entry. If privacy and disk space are to be maintained, this process must be performed every time you use your computer. Our Internet Eraser Pro can automate this process for you!
With simply one click, our Internet Eraser Pro allows you to erase internet history, browsing history, search history, cookies, internet cache, autocomplete memory, saved password, index.dat files of your browser, and Windows swap file, temp folders, run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents and more. Our Internet Eraser Pro supports popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer & MSN Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
The cookie cleaning feature allows you to specify cookies to keep, so that you don't erase your important login cookies.
In addition, our Internet Eraser Pro supports free plug-ins to extend cleaning features, you can easily erase the tracks of popular programs and make your own plug-ins. We currently offer more than 200 FREE plug-ins which supports the most popular programs such as ACDSee, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office, WinZip, WinRAR, MSN Messenger, Real Player, Media Player and many others.
Our Internet Eraser Pro supports Microsoft Windows FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS file systems, completely implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense DOD 5220.22-M and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, to gives you confidence that once erased with Privacy Eraser Pro your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered.
Did you know...
- All the sites you visit and images you see are stored in your computer.
- Every Picture that you have ever viewed, sent or received over the Internet is stored on your hard drive.
- There is a record and most likely a copy of every program you have ever downloaded or used on your hard drive.
- Erasing internet cache and browsing history will not protect you, Windows saves all data on index.dat within your computers Registry.
- The windows "delete" button and the "empty recycle bin" option does NOT DELETE your files. Any software recovery tool can recover all of it.
As a result anyone can find out what you have been doing on the Internet!
All this data also takes up Valuable disk space on your computer that slows your system down.
Privacy Eraser Pro will erase your:
- Internet Cache (images you have looked at are stored here)
- Cookies (save the ones you want to keep) Site placing intrusive tracking cookies on your computer, many times these cookies are from sites you've visited in your own privacy.
- Browsing History (this feature on your computer saves all previous sites you've visited, anyone can click on this feature and immediately find out all the sites you've visited).
- Search History (search history from from search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN etc.) and most recent websites you've visited area stored in the location bar, and quickly seen by others).
- Auto Complete Form History (your passwords to sites are remembered by this feature).
- Index.dat Files (these files are always LOCKED during a Windows session and can not be erased manually).
To Maintain your privacy and free disk space, you must clean out your system of wasteful and intrusive information each time you finish surfing the web.
Securely and professionally erases all the following...
- Windows Files Including
- Windows Search History
- All Temporary Files
- Check Disk File Fragments (*.CHK)
- Registry Streams
- Common Dialog History (Open/Save History)
- Recycle Bin
- Clipboard Data
- Start Menu Run History
- Start Menu Find Files or Folders History
- Start Menu Find Computer History
- Start Menu Recent Documents History
- Start Menu Order History
- Start Menu Click History
- Wordpad Recent Files List
- Media Player Recent Files List
- Internet Explorer & MSN Explorer
- IE Cache (Temporary Internet File Directory)
- IE Browsing History and Search History
- IE Location Bar History(Visited URL History, Typed URL History)
- IE Cookies (you can select which cookies you want to erase and which one you want to keep)
- IE Locked index.dat Files
- IE AutoComplete Form History
- IE Saved Passwords
- IE Download History
- IE Last Download Location
- Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera
- Internet Cache (Temporary Internet Files), Browsing History, Search History, Cookies, Typed & Visited URLs, AutoFill Form History, Saved Passwords and much more...
- Internet Explorer Window Title and Start Page
- Internet Explorer AutoComplete Options
- Internet Explorer AutoScan
- Internet Explorer Folder Locations
- Works on Microsoft Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008/2003 (32/64-bit)
- Improves your Internet surfing speeds!
- Improves the speed of your computer system!
- Recovers and maximizes hard drive space!
Convenient and easy-to-use
Just simply press default shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+Q, cleaning in the background.
Over 200 FREE, pre-configured plug-ins clean the tracks of popular applications such as ACDSee, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office, WinZip, WinRAR, MSN Messenger, Real Player, Media Player and many others.
Extend cleaning features, make your own plug-ins. You can easily erase the tracks left by any applications.
Cleaning Free Disk Space - Support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS File Systems
Securely clean spare and hidden data areas on your drives. All free clusters on your drives, including the contents of deleted files and folders, will be clean like a new hard drive.
Completely erases the contents of sensitive files and folders that you specified.
Completely implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense DOD 5220.22-M and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, which gives you confidence that once erased with Privacy Eraser Pro, your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered.
Schedule your cleaning tasks to run every selected number of minutes, hours, daily, weekly, monthly, or at certain times.
Lets Privacy Eraser Pro to operate in invisible mode. In Stealth Mode, Privacy Eraser Pro will not show an icon on the system tray, but it can still work in the background.
Lets you to instantly hide and restore the applications (windows) on your screen in order to prevent uninvited persons from seeing them and to protect your sensitive information.
Windows Startup Manager
Windows Startup Manager is a small utility that enables you to control which program will start automatically when Windows starts up. It displays the list of all applications that are loaded automatically from Registry and Startup Folder whenever Windows boots. You can choose to disable, enable and delete selected items.
You can check and download the latest updates of Privacy Eraser Pro by using the LiveUpdate Wizard.
What Tracks Stored On Your Computer?
Browser such as IE saves web pages, images from visited Web sites into your hard drive whether you click on them or not, so that next time when you visit you won't have to re-download the image. But this means that many megabytes of data of all types get saved to you hard drive. Anyone who can use your computer can tell where you have been browsing on the web and see what images you've looked at, what banners have been shown, etc. Erasing these files to avoid others determining the pages you have been recently viewing.
Browser such as IE saves web pages, images from visited web sites into your hard drive whether you click on them or not, so that next time when you visit you won't have to re-download the image. But this means that many megabytes of data of all types get saved to you hard drive. Anyone who can use your PC can tell where you have been browsing on the web.
The location bar shows some of the most recent sites you've visited and search history from from search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN etc.), it's located in your browser where you type in the web address bar of Internet Explorer, Google, Yahoo, MSN. Therefore, anyone else can see where you've been and what you've done.
Internet Explorer (IE) can store a record of almost everything that you typed into any web site form. Form data can be things such as all the keywords you have ever typed into a search engine and personal information such as your name and address.
The index.dat files are always LOCKED during a Windows session and can not be erased manually. Even if you clean up your cache, cookies, and history from within the Internet Explorer (IE) browser regularly, the index.dat files will continue to store information about what web sites you have visited and what cookies have been saved, this also grows to enormous size and slows your computer down.
IE Downloaded Program Files Directory
This folder contains any ACTIVEX or OCX components that have been downloaded from the web and installed as plugins into your browser. For example, some chat room and games may use plug-ins to accomplish special functions.
Lists the last 15 document files that you have accessed, allowing any of these documents to be reopened simply by clicking on the name of the document.
Windows Search History
Windows and IE saves the files, text and computers you have ever searched, so when you want to search again, you do not need to type again, but others can also find what you have searched on your computer.
Start Menu Run History
Windows stores the programs you ran in the start menu run text box. so that you do not need to type if you want to run it again, but it will also let others have the choice to see what program you have run.
Windows records you opened and saved files list in registry.
Windows Temporary Files Directory
The Windows temporary directory stores temporary files that are used during installation of programs and at other various times. Erasing this directory regularly is generally a good idea. (Note: All contents of this directory are purged during a erasing, so be sure that there are no files contained in this directory that you wish to keep or that are needed by other programs).
Windows SWAP/Page File
Swap file is used by Windows to increase your available memory. Swap file managed your computer virtual memory. If this file is not present then Windows will recreate the file when user login on system. Normally its of double the size of RAM and present in windows folder in Windows 98 and root directory of system drive in Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008, but user can change drive according the size required. Name of this file is Win386.swp on Windows 98 and pagefile.sys on Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008.
RealOne Player & Media Player Play Files List
RealOne Player & Media Player records the recent played Internet location, video and sound files in the registry.
And much more...